1. Home
  2. Registration
  3. My name is spelled incorrectly. How can I change my name?

My name is spelled incorrectly. How can I change my name?

To update your personal information, you must submit an Update Information E-Form. This form is to be used by those who have changed their name, birth date, gender, or social security number and need to update their NSC student record.

Where is the form located?

You may find the Update Information Form in your student portal on the right side of the page under the ‘Student E-Forms’ tab or on the Registrar form page of the NSC website. From there you should select ‘Update Personal Information’.

What will I need?

In order to access the form, you will first need to accurately enter your NSHE ID, first name, last name, and date of birth. Otherwise you will fail the verification process and will need to re-enter the information correctly.

To change your name we will need official documentation showing your correct name, and for legal change of name, your former name. This can include your Nevada driver’s license, marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court documentation.

To change your social security number we will need your social security card accompanied by a government-issued photo ID.

To change your birth date we will need official documentation showing your correct birth date. This can include state or federal government-issued photo ID (i.e. military ID), birth certificate, or passport.

To change your gender we will need a valid driver’s license or federal government issued ID.

How long does the process take?

Please allow up to 2 weeks for your information to update on your account. However, if all of the appropriate documentation is submitted at the time of entry, the update will usually reflect within 5 business days.

(For more information you may contact the Office of the Registrar at 702-992-2110)

Updated on August 24, 2018

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles